XRP trading on Coincheck was halted on Monday, while prime XBT said it would delist the cryptocurrency pairs by 10 February, reports BeinCrypto. The moves follow recent pump and dump activity on XRP although Coincheck resumed trading ten minutes later.
- The delisting announcement by exchanges comes after XRP recorded a string of volatile days, having rallied 56% from $0.48 to $0.75, although it dropped 48% to $0.39.
- Tether also rose to reclaim the number three spot in market capitalization, moves speculated to be caused by a large pump and dump group.
- XRP’s rise has also been said to be caused by the firm’s rebuttal to the SEC that the cryptocurrency is not a security.
- Ripple also states that FinCEN approved the sale of the cryptocurrency in 2015 with no input or warning from the SEC at the time.
- Although XRP rose 50% after the news of a rebuttal from the company, speculations are that the surge was a result of a coordinated pump.
XRP is currently gaining. XRPUSD is up 6.26%