Walt Disney will reorganize its Media and Entertainment Business to accelerate its Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) strategy, according to press release. Reorganization in light of the rapid success of Disney Plus and the company’s strategic positioning to support growth and deliver shareholder value.
- Under the new structure, Disney’s world-class creative engines will focus on developing and producing original content in streaming services and legacy platforms.
- Distribution and commercialization activities to be centralized into a single, global Media and Entertainment Distribution entity.
- The new Media and Entertainment Distribution group to monetize Disney content in distribution and ad sales and oversee streaming service operations.
- Alan F. Horn and Alan Bergman, Peter Rice, and James Pitaro will lead the three content creation groups-Studios, General Entertainment, and Sports, respectively
- Kareem Daniel to head the Media and Entertainment Distribution, which includes the Company’s Streaming Services led by Rebecca Campbell.
- Disney has set December 10 as the Virtual Investor Day.
Walt Disney stock gaining on strategic reorganization. DIS: NYSE is up on premarket 4.57%