The U.S. Census Bureau has released adjusted economic data on U.S. retail and food services sales in August. The total estimates were $537.5 billion with an increase of about 0.6 % month-over-month and a 2.6 % increase in total against August 2019.
- The total retail sales (excluding auto/gasoline) increased by 0.7% against the estimated value of 0.9%
- The fact retail sales for the control group, used in GDP calculations, are -0.1% as compared to the estimated +0.3%.
- Prior Advanced Retail Sales are revised lower from 1.2 % to now being 0.9 %.
- Prior Retail Sales (excluding auto or gasoline) are revised lower from being 1.9 % to as low as 1.3 %.
- The Prior Retail Sales for Control group are also revised lower from 1.4% to 0.9%
Total sales for June 2020 through August 2020 period were up by 2.4 % from the same period of the previous year. The percentage for June to July 2020 was revised from 1.2 % to 0.9 %.