Flash Composite PMI Output Index in the U.S rose to 58.0 in January, up from 55.3 in December, according to IHS Markit press release. The output index reflected a growth momentum in the private sector at the start of 2021, the second-fastest increase since March 2015.
- Flash Services Business Activity Index was 57.5 in January, up from 54.8 in December, a 2-month high reflecting a rise in customer demand.
- Flash Manufacturing PMI was 59.1, up from 57.1 in December, a record high on expansions in output and new orders.
- Flash Manufacturing Output Index was 60.5, up from 58.3 in December, a 77-month high
- The overall growth rate eased in January from December as service providers had slower expansion due to rising virus cases and greater restrictions.
- January’s inflationary pressures intensified as supplier delays and shortages pushed input prices higher.
- Private sector confidence picked in January on hopes of vaccine rollouts and anticipations of improved business conditions in the second half of 2021
U.S stocks are declining as the dollar loses. SPY is down 0.54%, QQQ is down 0.36%, EURUSD is up 0.11%