Ukraine continues to report a significant inflow of cryptocurrency donations, with the value heading to the $30 million mark, according to a report by Finbold on Monday.
- Data from blockchain analytics firm Elliptic discloses that the Ukrainian government and NGOs have raised over $17.2 million in crypto donations.
- Crypto exchange Binance is also spearheading $10 million in emergency funds towards supporting Ukrainians affected by the war, bringing the total confirmed donations to $27.2 million.
- Changpeng Zhao, Binance CEO, stated that the company is donating $10 million towards humanitarian assistance.
- The donations are targeting different organizations, including non-governmental organizations and government organizations, for military support and humanitarian initiatives.
- The donations are still ongoing, and the value might even be higher than $27.2 million in cryptocurrency.
Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin is among people who have been advocating for crypto donations in support of a number of humanitarian initiatives. BTC USD up +2.20%