The U.S. advance retail sales for October were $553.3 billion, up 0.3% from the previous month, but below expected 0.5% growth, according to the Census Bureau, press release Retail sales(ex-auto) rose 0.2%, down from expected 0.6% on a month over month basis.
- Prior advance retail sales month over month revised lower from 1.9% to 1.6%
- Prior retail sales (ex-auto) month over month revised lower from 1.5% to 1.2%
- Prior retail sales (ex-auto/ gas) revised lower from 1.5% to 1.2%
- Prior retail sales (control group) revised lower from 1.4% to 0.9%
- October’s retail sales (ex-auto/ gas) were 0.2%, below expected 0.6%
- October retail sales (control group) were 0.1% below expected 0.5%
U.S. stocks are currently declining. SPY is down 0.73%