TotalEnergies agreed to form a joint venture with China Three Gorges Corp. to develop electric mobility in China, according to a press release by TotalEnergies on Tuesday.
- The venture will create electric vehicle (EV) high-power charging infrastructure and services.
- A joint statement with China Three Gorges noted that the joint venture’s growth prospects are backed by China’s vision to be carbon neutral by 2060.
- Alexis Vovk, President of Marketing & Services at TotalEnergies declared that they share a common and important vision with China Three Gorges vision to achieve carbon neutrality, push for renewable power, and the desire to develop electric mobility.
- Dr. Jin Heping, Chief Information Officer of CTG Group stated that new energy vehicle charging is an essential part of new infrastructures’ construction. Through the venture with TotalEnergies, the company would expand its upstream expertise in clean power.
- The partnership with CTG opens opportunities to TotalEnergies for a long-term and growing cooperation with a leader of China’s electric energy.
TotalEnergies expects the global oil demand to peak before 2030, earlier than previously projected. TotalEnergies up +0.72%, China Three Gorges up +8.43%