Tioga is an expert advisor that was released on MQL5 buy a junior-developer from Turkey. The presentation looks simple and not pretty professional. It would be great if we knew more about how the system is going to work on our account.
We have some settings, details, and system’s features explained. There’s a list of them for your comfort to read:
- The robot helps us with automatic execution of orders on our account.
- The current price is $195.
- The dev claimed that the average price is $495 for the next five copies.
- The ultimate price will be sky-high – $795.
- It works with a scalping strategy as the main one.
- It “is using mean reversion at the end of the US season.”
- It provides small but steady profits.
- The advisor doesn’t open orders, using risky strategies like Grid, Martingale, Averaging.
- It works with fixed Stop Loss levels for every open order.
- There’s welcome and decent support.
- Settings are customized for trading EURUSD.
- The risks can be customized manually with the robot.
- An average risk is set at 4%. It’s high, because the common one is 1%.
- There’s the night time to trade: from 21:00 to 22:59 GMT.
- It places only one order at the same time on each pair.
- It works with reverse strategy in addition.
- The system doesn’t require us to have proper trading experience.
- A VPS service can increase execution speed.
- The balance has to be higher than $300.
- The system should be used on an ECN broker.
- We have to customize GMT Offset settings.
Currency pairs, strategy & timeframe
- It works with a reverse strategy.
- The following pairs are allowed to trade: AUDUSD, CHFJPY, EURAUD, EURCHF, EURGBP, EURUSD, GBPAUD, GBPCAD, GBPCHF, GBPUSD, and USDCHF.
- It works on the M5 time frame.
Tioga trading performance
The system was tested with medium risks (7%) to the account. The history quality was 100%. The data period was within 2021. An initial deposit was $3000 that has turned into $113,811 of the total net profit. The profit factor was 5.84 when the recovery factor was 9.76. The maximum drawdown was 17.99%. Tioga has executed 1978 deals with 98.77% of the win rate for short trades and 99.56% for long ones.
The system was set to trade automatically on a demo account. The broker is Alpari. It works with 1:500 leverage with 9.4% of the maximum drawdown. The maximum deposit load is 10.6%. The win rate is 91.3%. The robot has been running the account for 13 weeks. An initial deposit was $1000. An absolute growth is 38.90%. It has lost 3% since our last visit.
An average trade frequency is 40 orders a week. An average trade length is 7 hours. The system has seven subscribers.
December 2021 doesn’t look good for the system stability and profitability.
We may note a loss of -$53.30. It’s huge compared to average profits.
The robot has executed 542 orders. The best trade is $12.17 when the worst trade is -$56.65. The recovery factor is 2.72 when the profit factor is 1.97. An average profit is $1.59 when an average loss is -$8.49. An average monthly growth is 11.70%.
USDCHF (58 orders) overtook CHFJPY (57) as the most traded pair. We have never seen CHFJPY to be traded that frequently.
There were many warnings from MQL5 to the system for improper trading.
How much does it cost?
The price decreased from $495 to $195. The rental option became twice cheaper – $45 for three months. The robot is available for a demo download.
Reviews from customers
Ozkan Lara is from Turkey with a 23,541 rating. He has over four years of trading experience. There is a five star rate based on three reviews.
We may note that these testimonials are positive but two of them were from faceless accounts.
Should you use Tioga?
|Trading results provided||No risk or money management advice given|
|A backtest report shown||The presentation is too short|
|The robot works on a demo account only|
|The current trading results are far from being great|
|We have just several testimonials written|
Tioga is a pretty young trading advisor with a short presentation. The developer doesn’t explain all its features and didn’t provide us with strategy details. Trading results don’t look stable and they have become even worse since our last visit.