Medical cannabis provider Tilray Inc. has scored regulatory approval to launch products in New Zealand, according to a report.
- The approved offering is centered around Purified CBD products, as authorized by New Zealand’s Ministry of Health and Medical Cannabis Agency.
- Tilray is the first licensed producer to export medical cannabis from North America to Australia and New Zealand from its Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)-certified facility in Canada.
- An expanded range of products will be made available for patients by the second quarter of 2021. This includes GMP-certified medical cannabis products such as cannabidiol (CBD)-dominant, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)-dominant, and balanced varieties.
- Patients will need prescriptions through their general practitioner or specialist.
- Tilray products are available in 17 countries across five continents. It is currently involved in several ongoing studies in Australia.