Registrations of Tesla Inc.’s electric cars in China nearly tripled year-on-year in March, according to a report by Benzinga.
- Data from state-backed China Automotive Information Net (CAIN) showed that
- registrations rose to 34,635, almost triple from the same month in 2020.
- The latest registrations were also almost double the 18,155 in February, when sales slowed due to the week-long Lunar New Year holidays.
- Tesla delivered 184,000 vehicles in the first quarter on the back of the strong reception of the Model Y in China, to beat analysts’ expectations.
- China was Tesla’s second-largest market in 2020 accounting for 21.1%, following the United States which accounted for 48.2%.