Tesla Inc. delivered nearly 185,000 in the first three months of the year owing to strong reception of its new models, the company reported in a statement.
- Tesla produced 180,338 vehicles and delivered 184,800 during the quarter. Of the deliveries, 182,700 were accommodated by the Model 3 and Y, while the remaining 2,020 were the Model S and X.
- The company reported a strong reception of the Model Y in China, where production is quickly progressing to full capacity.
- The new Model S and Model X also recorded enthusiastic reception.
- The new equipment was installed and tested in the first quarter and is in the early stages of ramping production.
- Tesla said the delivery count should be viewed as “slightly conservative,” and final numbers could vary by up to 0.5% or more. Cars are only counted as delivered once transferred to the customer, and all paperwork is verified.
- The company’s net income and cash flow results will be announced along with the financial performance in the announcement of the first-quarter earnings.