The Securities and Exchange Commission has pushed back its decision on the proposed listing of WisdomTree’s Bitcoin ETF for another 45 days.
- In a statement dated May 26, the corporate regulator rescheduled its decision from May 30, 2021, to July 14, 2021.
- The SEC said the postponement would give “sufficient time” to consider the proposed listing on the Cboe and comments received on the matter.
- WisdomTree filed its prospectus with the SEC on March 11, while the Cboe filed for the rule change on March 26.
- The SEC said the proposed rule change was published for comment in the Federal Register on April 15 and has since received only four.
- A decision on a similar filing to list VanEck’s ETF on the Cboe was also earlier delayed. No listings have been launched in the United States.
WETF: Nasdaq is up 0.88%.