Award-winning hip hop artist Eminem bought a Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT, joining a list of celebrities who have bought NFTs, according to a report by Markets Insider on Monday.
- He bought the non-fungible token on the OpenSea platform for 123.45 ether, or nearly $462,000.
- Meanwhile, this was not his first NFT purchase. Under the name Shady_Holdings, the rapper has acquired 22 NFTs only one week after opening his OpenSea wallet.
- User GeeGaza who sold Eminem the Bored Ape NFT in a tweet stated that he is living in a simulation after the transaction with the rap star.
- Eminem is a multiple Grammy-winning artist, having won 15 Grammy music awards and the 2002 Oscar for Best Original Song.
- The rapper joins other high-profile celebrities owning the Bored Ape NFTs, including NBA superstar Stephen Curry who purchased one for $180,000 and other celebrities, Jimmy Fallon and Post Malone.
Bored Ape Yacht Club is one of the most renowned NFT sets on OpenSea, with a floor price of 73.5 ether or nearly $280,000 each.