PepsiCo recorded a 5.3% growth in Q3 net revenues according to press release. Net revenue growth for the year to date was 3.0%, while earnings per share were up by 10%. Organic revenues improved 4.2%, while core currency earnings per share were up 9%. Growth in performance attributed to strengths in global snacks, food, and beverages business.
- Foreign exchange translation to adversely impact reported net revenue and core EPS performance based on current market consensus rates
- Company affirms full-year total cash returns to shareholders of $7.5 billion, comprised of $ 5.5 billion dividends and $ 2 billion share repurchases.
- Q3 net revenues are $1.66 billion versus estimated $1.48 billion. Yearly revenues $18.1 billion versus estimated $17.3 billion.
- Full-year core earnings per share at $5.50 compared to estimated $5.33-prior guidance of $5.88 withdrawn
- Full-year cash flow from operating activities is $10 billion, free cash flows of $6 billion, and net capital spending of $4 billion
- Adjusted gross margin of 270 basis points, year after year basis
- Adjusted operating margin of 0 basis points, year after year basis
Organic Revenue by Division
- Europe is up 7% year after a year basis
- Quaker Foods North America is up 6% year after a year basis
- Frito-Lay North America is up 6% year after a year basis
- North Americas Beverages is up 3% year after a year basis
- Latin America Foods is up 1% year after a year basis
- Asia, Middle East, and North Africa is down 2% year after a year basis
PepsiCo stock trading favorably to peers due to strong quarterly and yearly earnings. PEP: NASDAQ is up 1.05%, KO: NYSE is up 0.92%.