Multinational tech firm Nvidia Corp. on Friday announced a four-for-one stock split in the form of a stock dividend.
- Subject to shareholder approval, the stock split will increase the number of authorized shares of common stock to 4 billion.
- The matter will be voted upon during the annual stockholders’ meeting on June 3.
- If approved, stockholders on record as of June 21, 2021 will receive a dividend of three additional shares of common stock for every share held.
- The dividend stocks will be distributed after the close of trading on July 19, 2021.
- Trading shares reflecting the stock split will start the next day, July 20, 2021.
NVDA: Nasdaq is up 2.00%