Analysts expect growth in earnings as Netflix, Tesla, Coca Cola, and American Airlines are set to release quarterly results this week. To date, 10% of S&P 500 companies have reported quarterly results with 86% exceeding consensus earnings per share expectations. Blended earnings decline, actual and expected results, for Q3 is 18.4% less than expected 20% drop.
- Consensus analysts expect Netflix’s new paid streamers to total 3.3 million, with sales growing 22% this year to almost $6.4 billion.
- Tesla’s total volume of electric vehicle deliveries is expected to be 486,000, in line with CEO Musk’s full-year delivery growth of 30% to 40%, but below the company’s 500,000 target
- Airline carriers like American Airlines (AAL) and Southwest (LUV) are set to report results.
- Consumer giants Procter & Gamble (PG) and Coca-Cola (KO) are set to report results
- Health care companies Biogen (BIIB) and Quest Diagnostics (DGX) are set to release results
Futures are mixed
S&P 500 is up 0.83%
NASDAQ 100 is up 1.01%
Nikkei 225 is up 0.57%
DAX is down 0.14%
FTSE 100 is down 0.18%
Crude Oil WTI is down 0.17%
GOLD is up 0.72%
BTC is down 0.12%
Dollar Index is down 0.51%