Elon Musk’s SpaceX is planning a new factory in Austin, Texas for its Starlink network service, according to a job posting of the company.
- SpaceX is looking to hire an Automation and Controls Engineer to take on a key role in the new facility.
- The job posting indicates that SpaceX is breaking ground on a new state of the art manufacturing factory in Austin, Texas to keep up with global demand.
- The hired engineer will spend about 25% of time traveling to SpaceX headquarters in Los Angeles until the Austin facility is fully established. No timeline was given.
- Responsibilities include the management of automation and controls projects; design electrical control systems; and implement safety systems among others.
- Starlink is now delivering initial beta service and accepting pre-orders both domestically and internationally. It will continue expansion to near global coverage in 2021.