Microsoft released its Azure Synapse Analytical tool and announced a preview of a new product, Purview, meant to help companies keep up with data security and compliance needs, according to Bloomberg. The new products have attracted customers like ABN Amro and Procter & Gamble and helped Microsoft generate more accurate financial forecasts.
- The new products, meant to warehouse, analyze, and keep track of data, rivals Amazon.com and Snowflake Inc. in a growing market for cloud-based tools.
- Azure Purview lets users find confidential data and allow executives responsible for securing it to get a high-level view of all the information in different programs.
- Microsoft’s new products come as the market for such tools is expanding, with cloud data management services expected to hit $13 billion next year.
- Some of Microsoft’s technology tools came from the work the company did to comply with European data privacy regulations.
- It remains to be seen how Microsoft will navigate new partnerships and rivalries from other data management companies such as Saleforce.com, Oracle Corp., and SAP.
Microsoft stock is currently declining. MSFT: NASDAQ is down 0.42%