Miami’s governing commission voted 4-1 on Thursday allowing workers the choice to receive some or all of their pay in bitcoin. Through his official tweet, Mayor Francis Suarez thanked the commissioners for passing the resolution and called for a legislative priority in the state of the digital coin.
Exploring:— Mayor Francis Suarez (@FrancisSuarez) February 12, 2021
• State legislative priority
• Paying employees in Bitcoin
• Investing City treasury in Bitcoin
We got it done ✅ pic.twitter.com/88laGvVbEG
- Miami resolution calls for the city manager to procure a vendor to facilitate employees to get a percentage of their salaries in bitcoin.
- Companies in Miami will have the ability to pay employees in bitcoin.
- Residents will have the option to pay taxes or fees in bitcoin
- The resolution directed officials in the city to invest a limited amount of government funds in the digital currency.
- The mayor’s support of bitcoin is part of his intentions to attract tech firms to Miami
Bitcoin is currently declining. BTCUSD is down 0.50%