Mastercard Incorporated recorded a 3.9% fall in share price on premarket trading in Q3 2020 results as cross-border volume fell 30% on a local basis due to COVID-19 pandemic impacts, according to the company’s press release. Q3 adjusted earnings per share (EPS) was $1.60, down from $1.66 estimate and below $2.15 in the comparable quarter of 2019.
- Mastercard is optimistic in trajectory domestic spending, but travel spending remains a challenge.
- The company’s Q3 net revenue is $3.84 billion, down from a 14% year-over-year basis, and below the consensus estimate of $3.95 billion.
- The company’s gross dollar value is up 1.2% on a local currency basis to $1.65 trillion, while purchase volume rose 2.3% on a local currency basis to $1.24 trillion.
- Mastercard switched transactions rose 5% in Q3.
- As of September 30, 2020, the company’s customers had issued 2.7 billion Mastercard and Maestro-branded cards.
Mastercard and Visa Inc. stocks are declining. MA: NYSE is down 6.15%, V: NYSE is down 4.45%