The London Stock Exchange Group Plc is looking into an outage that hit its financial information platform Eikon during morning trading, according to Bloomberg.
- LSE said it is aware of an issue disrupting service to customers, and it is investigating the cause of the issue and working to resolve it.
- The outage affected Eikon, the financial information platform at the LSE’s new Refinitiv unit. It started at around 8:30 a.m. on morning trading in London.
- Traders based in Madrid and Copenhagen did not observe any change in market liquidity as a result of the outage.
- LSE acquired Refinitiv for $27 billion from Thomson Reuters Corp. in January. The firm plans to transform the group into a data powerhouse.
- The group’s shares just had their worst quarter since 2011 over concerns over the transaction cost.