Top Brazilian investment bank BTG Pactual has launched a new app enabling customers to make investments in cryptos, according to a report by CoinTelegraph on Tuesday.
- Currently, the bank’s Mynt platform allows users to buy Bitcoin and Ether, with BTG Pactual expressing its desire to launch support for additional crypto assets in the future.
- Andre Porthilo, BTG Pactual’s head of digital assets stated that there are two main assets of the market, but they include other cryptos for trading over time.
- BTG Pactual CEO, Roberto Sallouti, described Mynt’s creation as a response to “demand from our customers who wish to trade crypto.”
- Sallouti further determined that Mynt plans to host education content designed to inform new users about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
- Porthilo asserted that the bank’s status is being regulated by both the Brazilian Securities Commission and the local central bank will lend credibility to the country’s burgeoning crypto sector.
Mynt is not BTG Pactual’s first venture into the crypto sector, with the bank launching its real estate-backed security token ReitBZ in 2019 after spending years examining digital assets. BTC USD down -1.84%, ETH USD down -0.11%