American investors will be able to trade crypto tokens through exchange platform Kraken starting Wednesday, CNBC reported.
- The Kraken App will allow U.S. investors to buy and sell over 50 crypto tokens, but margin and futures trading is yet to be available in the market.
- Credit and debit card modes of payments will be made available in the coming weeks and months.
- Services will not be available to residents of New York and Washington due to the cost of maintaining regulatory compliance in the states.
- Kraken has registered as a money services business with the U.S. Treasury Department and said it complies with legal and regulatory requirements in all jurisdictions where its services are available.
- Kraken has 7 million clients and is the world’s fourth-largest digital currency exchange in terms of the trading volume.