Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc is set to acquire GW pharmaceuticals for $220.00 per American Depositary Share (ADS), according to PR Newswire. The transaction will be in the form of $200.00 cash and $20.00 in Jazz ordinary shares, for a total consideration of $7.2 billion, or $6.7 billion net of GW cash.
- The combined company, upon the close of the transaction, will be a leader in neuroscience with a global commercial and operational footprint.
- The deal enhances product diversification by adding a third high-growth commercial franchise for critical unmet patients’ needs.
- The transaction builds a shared culture and exceptional talent for developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases.
- The acquisition by Jazz Pharmaceuticals is expected to deliver substantial shareholder value and accelerated double-digit top-line revenue growth.
- The deal has been unanimously approved by both companies’ boards and is expected to conclude in the second quarter of 2021.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals stock is currently declining as GW Pharmaceuticals gains. JAZZ: NASDAQ is down 5.85%, GWPH: NASDAQ is up 46.26%