Global securities index publisher MSCI looks forward to bringing on board cryptocurrency assets to its indexes, according to Yahoo! Finance.
- MSCI has already been seeking expert advice before the launch of the crypto indexes.
- The global index provider has been exploring ways to expand its offerings, and sees areas of environmental, social, and governance, as well as private equity providing opportunities.
- The comments by MSCI CEO Henry Fernandez provides a potential breakthrough towards the acceptance of cryptocurrencies.
- The listing of crypto exchange Coinbase also boosted cryptocurrencies, which saw bitcoin reach a peak in April.
- In May, Dow Jones unveiled cryptocurrency indexes, allowing trading in world’s biggest cryptocurrencies bitcoin and Ethereum.
MSCI publishes popular indexes that gauge global equities and other securities to guide investors and asset managers in asset allocation.
BTCUSD is down -0.86%, ETHUSD is down -2.34%