Google’s Cloud unit and Space Exploration Technologies Corp. have teamed up to roll out a new capability in the second half of the year, according to a report.
- Under the agreement, SpaceX will locate Starlink ground stations within data center properties of Google.
- This will enable data delivery from over 1,500 Starlink satellites to locations at the network edge via Google Cloud.
- The service will leverage Starlink’s constellation of low-Earth-orbit satellites, especially for organizations in rural or remote areas.
- Businesses and consumers are set to benefit from seamless connectivity to the cloud and internet which will provide for the delivery of applications virtually to any location.
- Google Cloud Senior Vice President Urs Hölzle said the partnership will ensure that organizations will have “seamless, secure, and fast access” to applications and services they need to ensure that business processes remain up and running.
GOOGL: Nasdaq is up 1.13%.