Electric vehicle manufacturer Daymak will launch in 2023 its Avvenire Spiritus model capable of mining Bitcoin and Dogecoin, Markets Insider reported.
- Dubbed as the Nebula Miner, the mining technology will work whenever the vehicle is charging. It has yet to be patented.
- Daymak President Aldo Baiocchi said that while most vehicles depreciate over time, the Nebula Miner will make money while the Spiritus is parked.
- Baiocchi believes that the firm will be in the midst of the blockchain revolution by the time the model is launched.
- Daymak plans to connect the car to a Nebula Wallet where owners will be able to collect, store, and transact the cryptocurrencies the vehicle mined.
- The Canadian carmaker has so far accumulated $350 million of pre-orders for the three-wheeler, accepting cryptocurrencies Dogecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Cardano.
- Comments from Tesla Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk earlier slammed Bitcoin for the impact of energy-intensive mining activities on the environment.
TSLA: Nasdaq is down 0.46% premarket; BTC/USD is up 2.00%; ETH/USD is up 5.52%; DOGE/USD is up 32.97%; and ADA/USD is up 4.64%.