Cryptocurrency-to-cash exchange Coinme entered Florida with the launch of 300 Bitcoin-enabled Coinstar kiosks earlier this week, according to a report by Cryptoslate.
- Coinme said Floridians can buy Bitcoin with cash as easily as visiting their local grocery store, following favorable policies in the area.
- The Coinme Bitcoin ATMs will be located across select Winn Dixie, Fresco y Mas, Harveys, and other grocery outlets across the state. Areas include Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, and Tampa.
- Users can purchase Bitcoin using the Coinme Wallet without the need to input separate wallet information. It is present in over 6,000 locations across 44 states nationwide.
- Transactions are backed by security standards and are compliant with regulations. Users need a valid mobile phone number, a driver’s license or state I.D. card, and cash in U.S. dollars to purchase.
- Coinme Chief Executive Officer Neil Bergquist said the expansion is in line with the growing demand of accessible venues to purchase cryptocurrencies.
- Bergquist said the firm worked with state regulators for the launch and to secure a license to offer a cash onramp to purchasing Bitcoin for residents of Florida.