Apple will hold ‘the most significant iPhone event in years’ on Tuesday, where it will reveal this year’s iPhone lineup. This year’s launch event under the tagline “Hi, Speed” could be the first major redesign case since 2018. Investors are expecting a big upgrade cycle on new iPhones with 5G cellular support capabilities.
- Apple is expected to release four separate iPhones of different sizes and prices.
- Anticipated phones with 5G cellular network support to deliver faster download, although the networks not fully built in the U.S.
- Launch event to spur sales of up to 220 million iPhones, up 22% year-over-year basis-Katy Huberty, Morgan Stanly analyst
- A 5G iPhone launch would represent a major upgrade to other chip-makers like Qualcomm and T-Mobile, and Verizon carriers.
- It is uncertain when the iPhones will be available for sale after the event.
- Apple made the last iPhone changes in 2014 when the iPhone 6 came with bigger screens and two different sizes, with over 231 million iPhones sold in the following four quarters.
Apple stock gaining on upcoming iPhone launch event. AAPL: NASDAQ is up 1.74%.