Apple Inc. plans to announce new iPads as early as April as the product line performed during the pandemic, according to Bloomberg. A refresh to its iPad Pro Line will add a better processor and improved cameras.
- The new iPad models will look similar to the current iPad Pros and come in the same 11-inch and 12.9-inch screen sizes.
- The devices will have an updated processor that is on par with the faster M1 chip in the latest MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini.
- Apple is also looking to include a Mini-LED screen with at least the larger model, which would be brighter and have improved contrast ratios.
- The new iPad Pros have used a Thunderbolt connector, the same port on the latest Macs with custom Apple processors.
- Apple is yet to announce its first product launch event of the year, so its plans could change.
- Apple plans other product updates this year, including new iPhones and Apple watches.
The iPad generated $8.4 billion in revenue for Apple during the key holiday quarter of 2020, the most since 2014.
Apple stock is currently declining. AAPL: NASDAQ is down 2.13%