Aphria Inc. Chief Executive Officer Irwin Simon is confident that the pending merger with Tilray Inc. will push through and make a major entry in the U.S. market, according to Yahoo!.
- Simon believes Tilray shareholders will vote in favor of the merger on April 30, as an overwhelming majority of Aphria’s shareholders did.
- The Cannabis CEO said the merger will be “great” for both sets of shareholders, and the combined company will be the biggest cannabis firm in the world.
- Simon said it will make a “major entry” into the U.S. markets should cannabis be legalized, but legalization may happen in Europe before the United States.
- Simon’s optimism comes with expectations that the cannabis industry will grow beyond North America in the coming years.
- Simon said the problem is that there is no clear view on legalization, and he would rather pay more to have a “good view” and look through the partnership with Tilray.
APHA:Tse is up 1.21%, while TLRY:Nasdaq is up 2.14%