Popular crypto investor Elon Musk on Thursday tweeted about Dogecoin which sent prices up by double digits, CNBC reported.
- Tesla Inc. Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk took to Twitter to mention Dogecoin, a cryptocurrency which started out a joke.
- Musk posted a photo with the word “cyberviking” and captioned it with “How much is that Doge in the window?”
How much is that Doge in the window? pic.twitter.com/bxTkWOr50V— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 20, 2021
- Hours after Musk’s tweet the price of Dogecoin was up 16% to 42 cents.
- Musk, who has been vocal about his ventures in crypto space, has frequently posted about Dogecoin.
- The billionaire earlier said he was in coordination with developers to improve the cryptocurrency.
- During his “Saturday Night Live” hosting stint earlier this month, Musk described Dogecoin as a “hustle” but indicated the speculative nature of its valuation.
DOGE/USD is up 48.47%