An unknown Bitcoin whale surpasses MicroStrategy to become the third-largest Bitcoin whale, according to a report by ZyCrypto on Thursday.
- The whale address is known to have rivaled MicroStrategy’s BTC holdings for a prolonged duration.
- The whale’s purchase activity has increased in recent weeks, with the address purchasing every dip since Bitcoin rose to an all-time high in early November.
- The anonymous whale achieved the rank of becoming the third-largest whale after buying 160 BTC for nearly $5 million. Its holding now stands at 124,485 BTC, topping MicroStrategy’s 124,391 BTC.
- In the last six months, there has been an increase in whale activity. Inactive whales jumped back in the market after recent market crashes.
- MicroStrategy, owned by Bitcoin enthusiast Michael Saylor, has become one of the most popular whales over the period.
The company came up with a plan to purchase more Bitcoin as the CEO forecasts the digital asset will surge to nearly $6 million in the future. BTC USD up +0.19%