Rumors of an Amazon stock split have been around for a year but this could happen on Thursday, according to Fox Business’ Charles Gasparino.
BREAKING: Traders says an @amazon stock split is likely in 2021 possibly as early as Thursday when co reports earnings catapulting @JeffBezos significantly ahead of @elonmusk as the world's richest person as move would allow $AMZN to join the Dow more now @FoxBusiness— Charles Gasparino (@CGasparino) April 26, 2021
- Citing unnamed traders, Gasparino took to Twitter to say the stock split is likely this year.
- The stock split will cement Amazon Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos as the world’s richest man and widen his lead over Tesla Inc. Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk.
- Gasparino said the stock split will also allow Amazon to join the Dow.
- Amazon shares rose as much as 2.1% following the tweet.
- The reporter noted that speculations on the split are not meaningless and have been around for at least a year.
AMZN: Nasdaq is up 0.28%, while TSLA: Nasdaq is down 3.09%.